Sr. Architect / Specification Writer
Sr. Architect / Specification Writer
Petersen Kolberg & Associates (PKA) is a regional architectural firm located in Portland, Oregon with a strong focus in the healthcare industry. We are currently seeking an experienced Senior Architect/Specification Writer (Sr. Architect) who can provide senior level technical expertise in architecture and be a lead for our specification writing team.
Expectations for the Sr. Architect would include qualifications such as:
- A leader with the skills and experience necessary to act effectively as a Sr. Architect on complex projects.
- Set direction for the execution of project goals and objectives with project team and client, definition of scope, selection of items for investigation, and development of novel concepts and methods.
- Thorough knowledge of architectural specifications and the ability to lead the PKA spec writing team setting standards, protocols, and work flow
- Seek engagement and collaboration at all levels, including the internal and external design team, clients, and contractors.
- Bring a track-record of success with complex, multi-phase projects in healthcare to the firm.
- Manage teams from concept design through construction and have a deep understanding of building, zoning, energy codes, ADA, construction standards, and other regulatory requirements.
- Mentor and manage staff.
- Contribute to general office-wide initiatives around quality control programs
- Demonstrate motivation in seeking new responsibilities and challenges.
- Help build relationships with clients and consultants with team leaders.
Other minimum qualifications include:
- Knowledge of medical planning and modern healthcare delivery.
- Understanding of Facility Guidelines Institute rules, as well as relevant NFPA codes.
- Qualified candidates must be able to multi-task and manage multiple projects, have keen attention to detail, and be able to communicate (verbally, written, and graphically) exceptionally well.
- LEED accreditation, AHP membership, EDAC, or other related activities are beneficial.
- Experience in a variety of building types, building materials, technical design, and construction techniques
- Significant knowledge, expertise, and initiative to explore and carry out new or complex assignments requiring the development of innovative techniques and procedures
- Ability to navigate complex situations requiring diplomacy, interpersonal skills, and judgement
- Ability to perceive the goals of others, help to set priorities on projects and initiatives, and positively motivate individuals within the context of projects and the firm
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships outside the project team and the firm to facilitate project acquisition, facilitate innovation, and then validation of project direction
- Ability to develop and process fee proposals and contractual agreements for a project
- Experience in Design-Build, Design-Bid-Build, and other forms of project delivery
- Proficiency in Revit, Microsoft Office, and BDS SpecLink
- Professional Architectural degree and a minimum of 10 years of related experience
- Licensed Architects are strongly preferred
PKA is a dynamic and collaborative work environment that encourages excellence and client service. Our culture requires an individual in this position to take ownership of projects and set the tone for team participation and contribution. PKA is excited about adding talented, driven, and highly productive staff to our team! PKA offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package to include: medical, dental, vision, supplemental life insurance, 401(k) plan, profit sharing, and paid time off (PTO).